Jou Sahn My Famry!!!!
"Is the Gospel still wonderful to you???" (gen conf 2015)
Because it sure is to me! :)
We got to have a weekend full of Conference and I sure feel so Spiritually fed. And how refreshing to catch a glimpse of that blue Salt Lake City Sky and Utah Mountains. :) The sound of a prohpet's voice never sounded more comforting to me this week in the city of Hong Kong.
So BIG NEWS> they kicked me out of the boonies and transferred me to the big city!!
It was Tuesday night and we just got in to cook us some dinner. I felt prompted to check our phone and sure enough our the District Leader was calling. There was a surprise transfer in the mission and they had to break up our tri companionship and move me out! So now I am in Kowloon City serving as Junior comp with Sister Cook!!
We spent all of Wednesday showing Sister Anderson and Sister Christensen all the nooks and crannies of Yuen Long cramming their stressed out minds with all the information I have collected over these past 8 months....taught a Nigerian man and his little girl about prophets on his doorstep (haha not about "prophets on his doorstep" but on his doorstep we taught him about prophets. ha I crack myself up!) ...we just had to teach about prophets--his name was Moses!! and then teaching some last minute lessons to Lolo and Katherine :) saying bye to Bishop Shum and basically bawling my eyes out the whole day. Then I crammed everything into my beat up suitcases and left Yuen Long early Thursday morning in the pouring rain.
| The BEST district! #YuenLong |
This week was full of change and adjustment. It is totally opposite from what I was doing in Yuen Long. It's weird to not go knocking on doors anymore. It's weird to not to be Sister training leader. It's weird not to wake up and run sprints with Sister Hansen. It's weird not to be calling our ward Correlator, Brother Wong every night. But you know what isn't weird?? THE GOSPEL!!! it hasn't changed one bit. That is why we need to build our foundations on 'the rock' and to have our souls anchored in Christ. I feel like that was a common theme in this past Conference. We need to look toward the light. Hang on to what we know to be true. I testify that that is true. Becasue the gospel is wonderful and I will give everything to it!!
I hope that if you missed Conference you will look it up online. What a blessing it is to have a living Prophet who leads and guides us. I love you all and thank you for all your support. Have a great week :)
love,
Sister Warner
No comments:
Post a Comment