-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Friday, April 4, 2014

WEEK 7: "I will not boast of myself but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things." Alma 26:12

Being a missionary is the best thing, ever!!

Last wednesday, I got to host the new missionaries coming to the MTC.  It was wonderful!!  I helped two new sisters coming from Korea and they are the cutest!  It reminded me of my first day and made me realize how far I have come....and also how long I have been here.... eeee!  Just 12 more days 'till we hit Hong Kong... WHAT?
So to get ourselves pumped, my district found some, "I'm a mormon" videos that are about people from Hong Kong.  They are amazing!!!  The church is true wherever you go!!  If you want to hear what us cantonese missionaries sound like, watch those videos!  Go to mormon.org and search "Hong Kong".   Mom and Dad you for sure better do it!!  Then when I call you from the airport you will get to hear me talk like them! :)  Oh man, l love being a missionary.

 Why else is the MTC is awesome? 

1. Simply put: You are doing the Lords work.  What more can I say about that?

2. You have amazing devotionals....For instance, this past Sunday we were graced with the prescence of the      Mormon Tabernacle Choir organist and....wait for it....David Archuleta!!  Fresh off his mission!!!  I don't think anyhing could have been better.  It was a night full of music and the strongest spirit.

3. You get to study the book of mormon and hear other people's testimonies of it ALL DAY.  It is amazing!!!  People are amzing!!!  The gospel is amazing.

4. At night, you get to chat with people as you get ready for bed.... Like, I have friends from Estonia, Tonga, Australia, New Zealand and ya, it's cool.  There are so many people from all corners of the earth that love this Gospel and we are brought together in the MTC to learn how we can spread the gospel to even more corners of the earth!!

5. There is so much love and love comes to have a different meaning...at least to me. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.  You come to realize how much you love love love your dear family at home.   You love your companion.  You love your investigators.  You love your teachers.  You love your district and your zone.  You love your friends back home and on missions.  You love Joseph Smith and all that he sacrificed.  You love your Heavenly Father and you love your Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Family, friends, sisters, whoever is reading this: I bear testimony that this church is true.  Because our heavenly father loves us, He sent His son.  I know that through our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can obrtain more happiness and peace than ever before.  I invite you to come unto Chriist and to feel of HIs love!!!   "We will rejoice for our joy  is full; yea we will praise our God forever...I cannot say the smallest part which I feel" (Alma 26:16) 
I love my district! To Hong Kong and back!
I love you all!!
I love the temple!
Cutest teacher ever! She is from Hong Kong.
Wong Jimuih

***Don't forget that it is conference weekend!!!  Ahhh, I don't know about you, but I cannot wait to hear from our prophet and leaders. I have challenged each of my investigators to watch conference with a question in mind.  I know that you can recieve answers to your questions when you watch conference!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment