I don't know how much I have shared about our investigator, Frankie. But today I want to share about him. He lived in Thailand for 14 years, he was a Bhuddist Monk there. But now he is back in Hong Kong seeking out Christianity. It has been hard for him to feel the Spirit and to believe in Jesus Christ. He has been meeting with missionaries for 7 months. Yesterday we challenged him to pray sincerely about Jesus Christ. After 4 days of no answers he came to church and got his answer. He told us he needs to keep investigating this church! It was so wonderful to finally have a break through after months and months of nothing!
I want to share something from Frankie's lesson that is so important to me.
In Romans 8, we learn that Jesus Christ is a symbol of God's love for us. Nothing can separate us from that. "We are living in and chose to live in a fallen world. We will be tried again and again." No matter how distant, no matter how unworthy, no matter how underserving we may feel, no matter how many times we have doubted, He is always there. Since we are living in this fallen world we are imperfect people, we need a Savior, one who will stand with us and will be our advocate between us and our Maker. And that is Jesus Christ. That is His purpose to us. What a blessing the knowledge of the Atonement is to me. I know this is true with all my heart. To people I contact and teach. To Family and friends and home. You can turn away from the missionaries, you can turn away from the world you can turn away from those you are close to. But please don't ever turn away from the Savior. The one who knows you so perfectly. The one who can succor you so perfectly. Because He went through everything you are going through, and more.
I know this is true. I hope every one can know this message as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment