My experiences while called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the China Hong Kong Mission.
-d&c 30:11
"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11
Thursday, September 26, 2013
信望愛...And the Adventure Begins!!
WOW. I cannot even describe how happy I am feeling right now! I know from the bottom of my heart that God personally knows us, he wants us to succeed, and he LOVES us more than we will ever know. I cannot think of anything else because I am SO excited to serve the people of Hong Kong.
A Little About My Family-
My Dad grew up in the LDS church as a descendent of Joseph Fielding Smith and comes from a long line of LDS heritage. My Mom on the other hand converted to the church when she was 19 years old, the first in her family, followed by her little sister. My ancestors come from China, directly as early as my Great Grandparents who immigrated to the US in their early twenties. They have a beautiful family that mostly live in the Western United States. My Great Grandmother speaks Cantonese and can communicate some English when necessary. I look up to her for her courage and for her sincerity.
The Call!!
The week I was waiting for my call was one of the hardest weeks of my life. Seriously. I was bouncing off the walls, slacking on homework, crying at anything Spiritual, laughing at anything and everything, driving my roommates crazy, and thwarting all of the Adversary's temptations. Three things kept me grounded this week:
PRAYER, the SCRIPTURES, and the TEMPLE.
I have never felt more inadequate in my life. It worried me that it meant I wasn't ready. I soon realized that no missionary enters the field feeling ready. They just need to be willing. I HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD. He will provide and he won't leave anyone to fight their battles alone. The Adversary will do his best to stop this work, but with God's help, we can win!! I found peace this week as I studied this concept and it prepared me for receiving my call. It will be hard. I am already scared. But I know without a doubt that once I put forth all my effort, the Lord will fill in where I cannot. Being called to the China Hong Kong was no coincidence. It was inspired by God. Christ is the light and He is the way! We can find happiness through him. I know it. I want everyone to know it. This work is real and this gospel is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment