Make a "Pre-Mission Bucket List." Here is mine:
- See Frozen...at least 2 more times :)
- Eat at all my favorite restaurants
- Get a job (to pass the time and make extra money) I nannied :)
- Go Snowshoeing
- Go to the Zoo with my Mom
- Go to the Dinosaur Museum
- Attend a Temple Session at least Once a Week
- Write Thank You Cards...to Basically Everyone
- Do baptisms at 10 different temples with my little sis--we only made it to 9 since some were closed :(
- SPEND TIME WITH EVERYONE IMPORTANT TO YOU
- See a Moose
- Read The Infinite Atonement
- Have the missionaries over--for dinner and to teach the first lesson
- See the ice castles in midway
- Go Snorkeling
- Go night Skiing
- Go on daily walks in mission shoes With My Mom
- Memorize at least 20 hymns on the piano
- Watch every movie and listen to every song that has sentimental value to you...
- Take Pictures of Everything and Everyone and put them in a Photo Book!
- Wake up at 6:30 and Retire at 10:30....Ya this happened maybe once...
- Set aside a day for each family member
- Release a handful of balloons into the sky
A Few Special Items in my Luggage:
- Patriarchal Blessing-I retyped it, shrunk it down, and numbered the paragraphs to make it look like scriptures then glued it in my BoM :)
- Notes from Farewell-at my farewell I had family and friends write short notes to me and saved them in an envelope to open in the MTC, I almost have enough to open one everyday!
- Laminated mini Preach My Gospel...I thought it was a good idea...it took some work ha ha
- Valentine's suckers for my MTC zone--I will get there 2 days before the holiday!!
- Photo Book with pics of everything--family, friends, adventures, scenery, pics from my own spiritual moments (baptism, mission call opening, temple attendances)
- Blank Thank You Cards--I'm sure there will be a lot of people I want to thank on my mission
- STICKERS
- Vacuum packed items (some clothes and products)
And my Full Packing List...they don't officially give you one, so here's what I'm bringing
- Clothes
- 7 skirts
- 4 dresses
- 7 blouses
- 3 cardigans
- 2 camis
- 3 shade shirts
- 1 pair pj pants
- 1 pair sweats
- 1 sweatshirt
- 5-6 t-shirts (for work out and pjs)
- 3 work out bottoms (1 pant, 1 capri, 1 ball shorts)
- 3 bras
- 2 sports bras
- 5 pairs of cotton socks
- 5 pairs of those socks that go with flats
- 3 pairs of tights
- 11 pairs of Gs
- 4 pairs of underwear
- 1 Rain Jacket with fleece insert
- 2 p-day outfits (jeans and casual shirt)
- Shoes
- 2 pairs of walking (Hush Puppies and Clarks)
- 1 pair flats
- 1 pair casual (Sperry's)
- 1 pair sneakers
- 1 pair Jesus sandals
- I will buy a pair of Crocs in the field!
- Accessories
- blow dryer, brush, comb
- 1 watch
- 3 necklaces
- hair care
- other make up supplies
- 7 hangers--the velvet ones lay nice and flat in your suitcase
- 2 of those stacking skirt hanger things
- Miscellaneous
- Shamwow shower towell!!
- Compact missionary blanket--Mr. Mac or Des Book--big, warm, ugly...but folds small!
- 2 or 3 journals
- address book
- pens, pencils, sharpies, highlighters, scripture marking supplies, post its etc...
- camera with extra sd card and 2 flash drives
- tide to go pen
- 3 mini hand sanitizers
- bag full of favorite snacks--nutella packets, belvita, nature valley etc..
- messenger bag and sturdy wallet
- mints
- lanyard
- spray bottle
- first aid kit, sewing kit, letter writing kit, pills and meds--take lots of vitamins!!
- Okay I think that is all I have...except for some obvious things..like scriptures and copy of mission call and money...
- My favorite clothes are from MIKAROSE!! They are in Provo but also online! Their sizes run big, so I recommend getting a size smaller than normal for skirts, but everything is sturdy and so modestly cute!! They give a 10% discount for missionaries! I also found clothes at DownEast, Cozy, Old Navy, Maceys, and, surprisingly, some dresses from Mr. Mac! I got my side bag from REI--it's great and my carry on, which is a backpack, from Northface. REI has great traveling gear that is durable!
- These past 5 months of preparation have been so so fun and gotten me so excited! It can get discouraging at times and hard to resist tempations to be lazy or sad, but PRAY PRAY PRAY your little heart away!!! Remember you are doing the Lords work, don't waste any of your time and enjoy every moment! There are people out there waiting for you!! MISSIONARY WORK IS THE GREATEST WORK!!! I hope this could help some sisters out, God Speed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment