-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Monday, January 27, 2014

Our Journey to Christ

I held my farewell on Sunday 1.26.2014
I have never felt so much love and support from my dear family and friends. I feel so blessed to have the greatest examples and support in my life!
These are a few points I talked about that I feel impressed to share:

Be Reconciled to God
our journey to Christ

Our journey to Christ will take as long as we want it to take. Alma the Younger is one of my favorite missionaries from the Book of Mormon.  He calls his people to repentance and concentrates all of his efforts on bringing his people back to Christ. In Alma chapter 5:14 and 26 he asks-

Have ye received his image in your 
countenances? Have ye experienced 
this mighty change in you hearts?

if ye have felt 
to sing the song of redeeming love, I 
would ask, can ye feel so now?

Have you felt God's redeeming love? Can you feel so now? Go desires to help us more than we will understand in this life. He won't take away our trials, we will still have hard things to overcome, but He will make our burden lighter and turn our trials into learning experiences and help us see the blessings that come from them. Our Heavenly Father has blessings that he wants to pour upon us, but he can't help you if you don't want His help. Heavenly Father sends messengers to all corners of the Earth to gather His children and to bring them unto Christ so that they may have eternal life.  
    
The General Young Women's President gave a wonderful talk last conference entitled, Be Ye Converted.  She instructs that " True conversion occurs as you continue to act upon the doctrines you know are true and keep the commandments, day after day month after month." And that "we have the primary responsibility for our own conversion. No one can be converted for you and no one can force you to be converted." She further reminds us that, "it takes time, effort, and work." I have seen that my faith grows as I live the principles taught by our prophets and found in the scriptures. I know that when we take that step of faith and begin to live by God's principles, the Spirit of God will testify of the truthfulness of his teachings. We learn by doing.

I know that turning our lives over to Christ will make our lives so much easier.  I have felt my load lightened when I turn it over to the Lord. I have "felt to sing the song of redeeming love, and I can feel so now." I can't help but feel the desire to share this message with the entire world. This gospel has blessed me and is the source of all happiness in my life. I think the greatest blessing is the blessing of perspective. Because of this gospel I know that I can be freed from my guilt, I can find comfort when I am sorrowful, I know that I have someone who mourns with me when I have trials, I know that I can be with my family for eternity, and I know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me enough to send His only begotten Son to Earth to perform the Atonement. Christ's Atonement is REAL and it is INFINITE

I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I feel the Spirit of God testify this to me every time  I read it and I have asked in faith for my Heavenly Father to reveal its truthfulness to me. And he did. I often wonder why so many people turn from this book and seek to destroy it. We have logical proof that there is no way that Joseph Smith could have written this book without the power of God. However, it will essentially be the Spirit that will testify to its readers that this book is true. The adversary will do all he can to discredit The Book of Mormon because he knows it is only going to draw us closer to Christ. This book is the word of God and I testify that it has brought me closer to Christ. It preaches goodness. I know that because God loves us, he has provided us with more revelation and guidance through The Book of Mormon.

I know that I may not be ready to be out there in the mission field, but I do know that I am willing. I have faith in the Lord. My trust is completely in his hands.

And your whole labor shall be in Zion, 
with all your soul, from henceforth;
 yea, you shall ever open your mouth in 
my cause, not fearing what man can do,
 for I am with you.
-Doctrine and Covenants 30:11

I know that God has a plan for me and that He has a plan for the people of Hong Kong. He loves every one of His children and longs for them to return to Him. I know that Heavenlt Father needs his word spread and that is why I want to serve. I know that I have a lot of things to leave behind, but I know that it will all be worth it. Because I have been given much, I too must give.

No comments:

Post a Comment