-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Monday, August 10, 2015

WEEK 79

This week we were so blessed to be edified at Mission Tour with President Gong!! We had some powerful trainings on teaching skills. I was brought to tears as I heard the Restoration taught in a way I'd never heard before. Ah. I know that Joseph Smith's experience is absolutely true!!

I am so grateful that these week I got to participate in Zone exchanges. I got to be with Sister Lim in Kowloon City. She is such an amazing missionary!! She is from the Philippines and has only been out for a couple weeks. It was like having a trainee again!! :) She expressed that something she wanted to learn on the exchange was how to find. I was so glad because I love to go finding! I looked at our schedule and saw that we only had about 30 minutes of extra time to go finding. I prayed that in that short amount of time we would be able to find prepared people to listen to our message. Heavenly Father heard my prayer and answered it in a way I wasn't expecting. Both of our lessons for that evening cancelled and we were able to go out finding for more time than anticipated. We made wonderful contacts and were able to teach several lessons on the street. I am so grateful that the Spirit guided us in our finding efforts and led us to some very happy people. From Sister Lim I learned:
1. Be happy. All the time!
2. Have courage to do what is right.
3. Love and care for others.

Sister Lam :):)
Edward is doing great. We are praying hard and fasting hard that he will make his baptism this Sunday before he leaves to study in Tai Wan! He is such a faithful and righteous young man. He asked to talk on the phone Sunday night becasue his parents are not agreeing with him being baptized. He said he already prayed twice for help and I said "Hm, well Edward, what do you think ya need to do?" and he said "probably pray a third time." Haha, he is great.

Our Zone Sisters!
At church we had 1 referral and 2 walk-ins. I got to translate the meeting into English for a philippina Sister. It was a blessed day. Oh man. Every day is a great day to be a missionary.
 
I got to talk on the phone with Katherine from Yuen Long last night! She will be serving as a summer missionary next week and then off to Tai Wan to study! She is doing as good as ever.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

FRANKIE!!!! :0
Hope all is well in good ol' Utah. Sounds like the typhoon may have hit you harder than it hit us. haha. I didn't even know it was that big of a dieal till I read my emails this morning. :) We're all safe and sound!

Have a great week!
People that I love :)

-Sister Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment