1. I still walk around wondering if this language is the language they taught me in the MTC...nonetheless, I think I am adapting and they get the gist of what I am saying....maybe....good thing the Spirit is the real teacher here.
2. HK is so so so Hot!!!! But it also rains a lot.
3. 2 days ago we took a double decker bus to teach D in the jungle. Literally, up the mountain and into the jungle. IT was beautiful!!! D is a very faithful investigator. She has such a strong desire and that is all you need to develop faith!!
4. We taught the cutest Popo (older lady) in the park. She is 86 and still exercising!! Inspiration to us younger folks....I think, yes!! We invited her to pray and she didn't quite understand that we wanted to do it together, so we all just stood in a circle praying on our own for about 10 minutes. I kept peeking at her to see if she was done yet...and when she finally was, she clued us in that during her prayer she thanked God for sending us to her and for giving her the Book of Mormon. It was SO SWEET. At first she didn't want to listen to us, but we were persistant because we know everyone needs this gospel, and in the end she was grateful!! She will head back to the mainland, so we sadly can't teach her again. At least she had one opportunity to feel the Spirit!
5. We teach "baby" English class and OH. MY. Mom!!! This time I really have found the cutest baby in the whole entire world!!! He is three and chinese and so itty bitty and sweet!! I taught him the alphabet song and then read him a book in english while my companion translated to Canto for him. Then we related it all back into the importance of families and how the gospel blesses families. Greatest ever!!
6. On friday night, we have sports night for our investigators. Guess what we play....PING PONG and BADMINTON. These are real intense sports here people!!! It is awesome, hehe!!
7. Did I tell you that on my first night here in Hong Kong my trainer made me do calls. Ah, so scary....but now I love it and do it every night. Here is my approach all in cantonese, " Hello, how are you? Have you had dinner? how was your day? I am Sister Warner. We will meet with you next week at____(insert date and time)." And then I say, " thank you bye bye!!" And I pray they don't reply to me in Canto because I don't understand!
| The cute new converts in our ward. |
| Our walk to church. |
This work is real, this work is amazing and this is God's work!!! I LOVE BEING A MISISONARY!!!!!
Sending my love to you all, all the way from Hong Kong.
| My trainer is the cutest. |
No comments:
Post a Comment