-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Monday, April 6, 2015

WEEK 61

Happy Easter Everyone!!
 
If was a special Easter week for us. I was blessed to attend Mission Leadership Counsel with President and then to put on Zone Training meeting this week. It also so nice to be uplifted by other missionaries experiences and to hear direction from our leaders. We talked a lot about the Powers of Heaven and Faith. To put it simply, miracles are wrought through faith and we've all gotta have it. :)
 
 Sister Anderson and I hid Easter eggs around the gym that had little papers in them with our April Zone goals written on them (ps thanks mom for the eggs and easter candy!!) and sent other missionaries out to find them. And I think that is about all for celebrating Easter here in Hong Kong. Haha, just like last year, Easter isn't a big deal at all here! I actually handed out some plastice eggs with candy to some people in the ward too and they were so excited for "American Candy!" At church yesterday about half of our ward was missing. They all went to the mainland to hike up the mountains to the temples/ burial sites to worship their anscestors and pay their respects (no relation to Easter). It was pretty cool since we can see mainland from our area we could see this huge smoke puff over China and at night we could see fires glowing on the mountain peaks.
 
 My companions enlightened me on our walk to church as they pointed out all of the people passing us by and all those going to worship the deceased. They have no idea about the Easter holiday. They have no idea that because Christ died for them and was resurrected, they will one day have a perfect resurrected body too. Later in Sacrament meeting I felt so strongly to bare my testimony. And so, we just had a few minutes left and I hurried up to the pulpit. I thought it was so ironic that aside from my testimony, we didn't hear about Easter at all the whole day at church. The Chung family also blessed their newborn baby that day and it was so so precious. I thought it was so cool to have a pure little baby blessed on such a meaningful day :)
 
This week we also got to travel to the other end of Hong Kong to turn over an investigator to some other missionaries in TKO!!! My baby area!!! It was so weird to be back there. it still smelled the same! It was crazy that just a year ago was my first day in that area with Sister Escabarte. GOOD TIMES :) :)
 
We get to watch General Conference next week with our Stake. Woot!! We are SO excited!!!! I hope that you all enjoyed Conference as well. What a blessing it is that we can hear from our prophet....and we don't even need to travel from miles and miles or set up a tent on the hard ground to do it. What a blessing.
 
Hope you all have a great week, Love you all!!
 
love,
Sister Warner



No comments:

Post a Comment