-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Monday, July 7, 2014

WEEK 22

It's all beef. Just eat it.

That's what my comp kept telling me as we were in a little restaurant eating spicy soup with floating meat chunks in it with one of our investigators. It was her favorite, so we just had to eat everything so that she would be happy and continue to meet with us...or should I say..."meat with us" hahah, get it? 

So ya, turns out it was some organ soup...liver, stomach, the works. Yum (sarcasm). But it was so awesome that she scheduled us and we got to meet with her! A few months ago I met her and she told me "I will read the book of the Mormons." so funny. And this week we FINALLY got to follow up with her! She loves the church, she just doesn't like waking up or answering the phone. So we will keep working with her on that :) 

We had an interesting lesson with Sister Y. She wouldn't stop laughing and we don't know why. I hope I have kept you all updated on her, she is scheduled to be baptized in 2 weeks! She keeps all the commandments, comes to church, answers questions in gospel class, meets with us twice a week, does it all except.....read the Book of Mormon! We do everything we can to get her to read it, but something is up. This is the one thing that is keeping her from being fully converted. We all know that if the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith was a true prophet,  Christ truly is our Savior, his gospel is true, and this Church is true!!! The Book of Mormon confirms it all! Pray that she will get into this amazing book and "hapfuk"...I can't remember that word in English....this difficulty. :) 

Okay, so this week we also had unmeasurable miracles. Literally, miracles were pour'n out of the clouds. Are you ready to hear a few?

So, we scheduled to meet with a family one day and we get to their...I don't know what to call it in English, sorry...I guess you would call it their neighborhood? Okay ya that. And we were 10 minutes early so we decided to find someone to talk to. We turned around and a lady said, "Oh hi Sisters! I know who you are! Some people live in my apartment and they go to your church, they have a ton of kids!" SO COOL! We chatted with her and she kept calling us beautiful angels and then we scheduled her! She let us come to her house!!! They NEVER let you do that, especially on the first visit. She cracked and fed us chestnuts while we taught her about the restoration. She liked our message and will see us again on Saturday with her son!

Another night we walked past a mother and kids....felt the "hip pull" as I like to call it. (it's when you walk past someone and something tugs you at your hip so you know you have to turn around and talk to them...) We went and they said they knew another family in our ward and will come to our English class!

Another day one of the SA (single adults) in our ward introduced us to her friend who wants to come to church because she is such a good example. 

We scheduled Sister Lee for the first time in such a long time, and we got her daughter's numbers! 

The other day we ran into a previous investigator on the street! 

We were calling formers this week and we found the Tang family! They met with the missionaries a year ago from now and then just lost contact. We met with them on Saturday with another couple from our ward! They are awesome! It is so amazing to teach families. The Mom remembers how to pray and really likes the idea of it. The Dad was first interested in meeting with the missionaries because they told him we could have eternal life. The Dad has some sickness (he won't specify) and he looks very very tired. They also have a two-year-old son. They aren't very available but they said we can call them again to come to church!  We are so grateful that we have this precious family to teach!

Then one of the relief society members invited us to dinner so that we can teach her nonmember husband....first time for him with the missionaries.

One nigh,t we felt prompted to visit a certain less active member and we found her and her husband at home and we got to teach her husband for the first time ever too!!!! She was so so so grateful we came by and gave me the biggest most precious hug before we left. 

The next day a less active member no one has ever heard of before called to feed us MD and chat because she misses church!

We had so many more miracles this week I can't write them all! I just want to express to you that I know with all my heart these miracles have nothing to do with what me and Sister Hamblin have done. I see thousands and thousands of different people every single day. They odds of meeting someone who knows a member of the church is so low. The odds of running into someone you know...like a previous investigator, happens here maybe once a year. The odds of getting into a cheun...(.english...idk maybe apartment building?) with out an appointment, rare. I'm telling you, you have to be in the right place in the right time. You go where the Lord wants you to go. That is when Heavenly Father will bring these people into your path. That is when miracles happen!!! I LOVE these people!!!

 Also, it's so awesome how so many people can tell that members are good people. Members are so so so vital to missionary work. People see what you do! They notice that you dress modestly, they notice you don't swear, that you are chaste, that you are honest, that you are kind, that you reflect the light of Christ. You can be a missionary just by living, without even talking to other people about the gospel. So please, remember who you are and what you represent. It can make all the difference!!

Some other awesome things that happened this week:

1. We got to go to the temple!!! They had a special session for the missionaries, they showed us the new movie since it isn't here in HK yet! :) So so awesome!!

2. We ate durian today. Do you know what that is? Google it. 

3. Every week is just an awesome week to be a missionary.

I love you all. This gospel changes lives. This gospel is true. "LOOK TO GOD AND LIVE." I testify that when you do, your life will improve, your family relationships will improve, and you will be happy. :) Take care, have fun, stay close to the Lord. All of my love!!

-Sister Warner
WE LOVE THE TEMPLE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment