-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Thursday, March 20, 2014

WEEK 5: Look For the Miracles


This week I learned to look for the miracles rather than the trials.  With my companion being extremely ill and catching a virus myself, me and my companions had a pretty rough week!  I was sitting in the bathroom stall sick from something--probably the food--praying I wouldn't be sick anymore. Don't worry, it sounds more dramatic than it actually was, haha.  It was actually quite humorous because, I began throwing up just as my companion was on her way to receive medical attention and it seemed as if all heck was going to break loose... haha, but it didn't.  :) But, rather than asking to be healed or to feel better, I offered a prayer of gratitude for this beautiful life I have been given and all of the Lord's tender mercies.  I notice that if you take everything with a lighter heart, your life will be so so so much easier. Here are some highlights from my week:
1. Even if you are saying district prayer in Cantonese and accidentally pray that your companion's will have difficulties rather than have a good relationship with you, God knows you and understands you so well, that He will bless you for what you really meant to say.  He knows the intent of your heart even if you don't know how to express it. :)
2. Boys can be very stinky, even if they are Elders, but it makes a good laugh during class.
3. Sometimes being locked up in your accomadations because you are ill makes for the best conversations. For instance: I learned that my companion helped a goat give birth. I highly doubt I would have ever learned that if I had not been stuck in our accomodations all day.
4. Sometimes being knocked to your knees everyday with a trial is the best thing you need for your life. God knows how to help you, when you put your trust in Him and you are living your life the way that you should be.  I learned this concept from one of the investigators I have been teaching. She has just about the hardest trial I can imagine. In choir this week we sang, "Where Can I Turn For Peace?"  I urge you to review the lyics to this song and realize the beauty behind them.  We find Solace in the Lord. "He, only One."  How comforting is that? If I can bring just one person in Hong Kong to that realization, I can't even imagine my joy!!  And did I mention my Great Aunt wrote this song?
5. God has the power to create a watercolor sunset, an endless starry night, a delicate blooming wildflower and a snowy mountain slope...He has the power to make your life into something beautiful as well. ....too poetic for you??  Hehe.
This gospel is true and God loves each and everyone of His children.  I know that this is true!!!  I know that your prayer can be answered just as Joseph Smith's prayer was answered on that beautiful spring morning.  I love you and miss you all and wish I could give you all a big hug!!!  Have a great week!!
-Wong Jimuih

No comments:

Post a Comment