If you were thinking of not reading this post...at least read #5!!!!! I love you!
1.
On Sunday morning, me and my companions arrived late to our mission conference. Although we were late, the usher escorted us to the very front row!!! And wait, it gets better. My seat was right in front of where Elder Campbell performed the cello! What a blessing it is to be in the MTC with my cousin and to have such a wonderful loving family! And to make it better, our MTC president's family came to hear him speak and they sat next to us, so the whole meeting I got to stare at this adorable little baby with the chubbiest cheeks!!! Mom--only you know how happy that made me. :)
2. Later
on Sunday, my companion and I walked around the temple grounds and listed 100 random things that we were grateful for while we were waiting for dinner time to break our fast. BTW--fasting in the MTC might be my biggest challenge. Cafeteria food never tasted so good!! How grateful I am for things like the mountains and the beautiful scenery they provide, or parents who inspire me and work so hard to teach me and fund my dreams.
3. Oh wait and our temple walk gets better too, on our second lap we passed this little boy and when we passed him he pointed to me and tugged his dad's hand and whispered, "Daddy, she's a princess." Ohhhhhh myyyy!!!!!! It just warmed my heart!! And what better place for him to say that than at the temple, the house of the Lord. Every young woman's castle. Children are the greatest blessings in this entire world!!
4. Later that
Sunday night, we had the opportunity to watch the movie
The Testaments. I know it is a really cheesy movie, but I think it is such a great depiction of the joy of this gospel. I love the end when the father is finally able to see his Savior, Jesus Christ. Even though he is blind, he can feel the Saviors prescence and then the Savior is able to heal him. How great will be the day when we too can finally meet our Savior!! I know that the greatest blessing of this gospel is the knowledge of our Savior and His Atonement for us. The closer we draw to the Savior, the happier we will become. That is why I am here! To invite others to come unto Christ, and to partake of His everlasting gospel!!
5. I think the reason I themed this post after blessings is because of a particular Elder I know. This past week, many missionaries saw his needs and took charge. He was struggling with homesickness and could not afford many necessities for the mission. So many caring mothers have sent letters and packages to lift his burden. The branch president pointed to some things he had received and asked what they were. and you know what he said? "Blessings." They truly are blessings and I am so grateful for his humble example of gratitude and humility. Mom, you sent clementines and they were a little sour and the other missionaries threw theirs a way--it's not your fault don't worry---but this particular elder kept eating his. The other elders asked why he kept eating it, even though it was so sour. You know what he said? "Anything that is good comes from God--this comes from God, so I know that it is good, so I will eat the whole thing."
This gospel is true. I love to be a missionary. Thank you for your prayers and support! I love and miss you all!!!!

-Wong Jimuih
No comments:
Post a Comment