-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Monday, June 29, 2015

WEEK 72

Come Ye Children of the Lord, Let us Sing with One Accord!

I don't think I've gotten over the fact that we had FIVE of  our  investigators ome to church with us yesterday!!! A couple weeks ago we had nothing, we were just finding and finding and finding and our investigators were dropping off left and right! I did some evaluating and consulting with the Lord. And now look! People are running up to us on the street and asking us to take them to church!! (it really did happen, his name is Gregory!!). This week was so incredible, not because we got to meet our goals or anything, but becasue we got to see the Lord's hand working in our lives and the lives of our investigators. 
 We taught a great lesson with 18 year-old Edward. He's set to be baptized on the 19th of July. We get the Young Men's president and one of the young men to accompany us on his lessons (sometimes it feels a little bit like attending BYC with my little brother and his best friend back home). We talked about how even faith the size of a mustard seed can lead to miracles. I practiced my all  time favorite object lesson with a candle, coin, and water about 8 times before I got it to work. and it went flawlessly in the lesson. nothin' like a good object lesson to build someone's faith. Ha. Just kidding. It was the Spirit that was in the room that testified to Edward that you don't have to be perfect before you come unto Christ but rather, because you  are imperfect, you come unto Christ. :) He is so solid!
 I met Shirley on the mini bus about 2 weeks ago. We just talked for about 8 minutes before I had to get off. I remember so distincly that after I talked to her, I knew I needed to teach her. luckily she gave me her number and I've kept contact with her for these past weeks. She scheduled with us this week and we got to see her! She is so cute and so willing!
 We also had a great lesson with our less-active Sister Lam. Essentially we just  showeed her a series of pictures of Christ and asked her what the Spirit was teaching her. She is on her way back to Christ. She has a really tough life. But every lesson the Spirit is so strong. She calls us her angels. The gospel is changing her, I can see it in her countentance every times she birings her little girl to church :)
 We've still got Mr. Hung coming too!! ( our Vietnamese friend). He doesn't understand a bit of anyhting at church, but he can feel the Spirit and he likes it. 
 Sister Stromberg and I are so blessed. We have smiled through this whole week-through the mold growing on our bedroom walls, eating cubed pigs blood, and our  broken air-con. Everything is so worth it just to see these people come unto Christ. 

Keep spreading the good news! The church is true and I love you!!!

-Sister Warner
王  女女未

No comments:

Post a Comment