We got to meet A-Mei :) she hasn't been to church in a while and when I called to schedule her she said she had a prompting to say yes. She explained that she has said no to the missionaries for YEARs. we got her address from her and set out to find her home.....so there are like...a lot of buildings in HK, right? and no one seemed to know the name of her apartment building. But after a long couple minutes of diligent search, we found her cute little apartment where she was tucked away with her chubby little baby eating corn and rice. She asked us a lot of deep doctrinal questions. When I thought she was done I timidly asked..."do you have any more questions we can help you with?" she avoided my gaze and I braced myself for anpther question. but then she quietly said, "i'm scared to come back to church because I don't know what it will be like, can you meet me in the Lobby this Sunday to go to church with me?" We said YES!!! There are prepared people out there, prepared to learn the gospel, prepared to come back. Have the courage to give them a call and extend your helping hand!!
Oh and this week I let my beloved teenage years. haha. The missionaries in my district were good to help me enter their world of the twenties and would not quit reminding me how OLD I am. It was so awesome to come out of the shower to breakfast and cake from my comp and roommates, a phone call from President and Sister Hawks, cards from the ward members, and a surprise birthday cake at our FHE! They are so good to you on your birthday in Hong Kong :) :)
Love you all, hope you are well. Thanks for you love, prayers, and support! Now off to the temple!! :)
love,

No comments:
Post a Comment