Guess what!!!! wait forrrrrr it......WE HAD A FAMILY COME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!!!! We found the mom and her 2-year old on the street and invited them to church. She came and brought her husband.!!!!!!!!!!! it was so so happy! I never seen that before! also, her 2 year old son is adorable but so crazy hyper, so i really wanted the mom to feel the Spirit in Relief society and sacrament, so the baby sat in between us and I gave him everything in my bag...haha, he covered himself in my animals stickers you sent me, then he drew on all the pages of my notebook...and all over my skirt...hehe. one of my personal struggles as a Sister Missionary...not being able to hold babies! Sometimes I just want to squish them...but i find ways to restrain myself. families are the best! speaking of families. it was so awesome to talk with you all on Christmas!! it's so funny becasue we talk to so many people on the phone, so to hear a familiar voice on the phone is a bit keihgwaai...weird. But Speaking of Christmas!!! Everyone told me that Christmas on the Mish is unlike anything else. And oh boy were they right! it is so amazing to be away from the hustle bust sparkly Christmas and to focus completly on the Savior. Christmas day was awesome becuase we got to spend time with our ward, getting referals and roasting fish balls. Then spent the rest of the day out finding! We helped one lady translate a phone call from Africa...but actually they didn't answer so luckliy I didn't have to do that...but it's the thougth that counts, right? Althought Christmas day was awesome, I think all the days before it was what made it truly special. I studied a lot in Luke. And it Luke chapter 2 it tells us of our Savior's birth, as everyone knows. But it also talks about this awesome man, Simeon. He waits all his life for the birth of our Savior. one day he feels prompted to go to the temple. it is the day Mary and Josph bring the baby Christ to the temple. Simeon recognizes Him immediately. He prophecies that He will be a light unto the Gentiles. and ppeacefully tells God that his life is complete now that He has seen Christ. I just think it is so amazing!! Are we prepared to meet Christ? Do we want to meet Him as badly as Simeon does? Will we recognize Him when we see him? So cool. I know that Christ is our Savior. He knows us, every person. And loves us infinitly. and I say these things in His name, amen.
Love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!
-Sister Warner
No comments:
Post a Comment