-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Thursday, October 2, 2014

WEEK 34

My favorite part of this week...
 
We spent one night knocking on doors in a little village. We got a lot of doors slammed, but after a good hour of that we came to a very special door. The door creaked open and Ting Ting's little head peeked around the corner. She was wearing one of those silky china dresses that button up to the neck and her cheeks were stuffed with rice. She was so happy to see us! We introduced ourselves and she read our name tags and exclaimed, "Jesus! I love to learn about Jesus!" And we just thought...well perfect! Haha..she was five :) but we taught her how to say a prayer in her little doorway while her dad sat on the couch eating rice. We then gave her a picture of Jesus, she thanked us and ran over to the couch to lay down and just stare at it. Ting Ting is the cutest!!
 
Something miraculous happened this week!
 
It was Sunday and we were so excited for Angela to come to church wearing the new skirt we gave her and to see the baptism for the other ward. We had everything arranged to meet her at the subway station and we had called her a couple times to remind her to be there. But she still has some trouble remembering things and using her phone so she wasn't there. We checked every nook and cranny of the station and she was nowhere to be found. We didn't want to be late to church so we left and planned to get her after church. So then after church we had an hour before the baptism would start. We called Angela a thousand times and hurried to her house and rang her doorbell a thousand times more. Sister Adams and I were just praying and praying becuase Angela needed to see this baptism before her own so that she would know how it all works. After being at her house for like 10 minutes, we decided to walk back to the church and see if she might be on one of the bridges nearby. We were both just praying our little hearts out. I remember praying that Heavenly Father knows where Angela is, he is her daughter, and can he please just let us find her or let us know where she is!! We were using every drop of faith we had. And THEN after about 20 minutes of walking>>>Sister Adams just gasps and runs over to..... ANGELA!! I grab her bag Sister Adams grabs her arm and we walk as fast as Angela's little legs would carry her to the baptism. She made it in time to talk with the new convert about how baptism is and to tell everyone that she would be getting baptized on October 19th. She was beaming!
 
I wish you could see how many people were on that bridge so that you would knoow the odds of us finding Angela at that exact moment. Heavenly Father heard our prayers. That is how I know that this is the Lord's work. Because He cares about our investigators even more than we do. I know that the Lord's timing is perfect and that through His miracle, we fould Angela on the bridge that day!
 
Hong Kong is a loud and crazy city full of millions of people. But I know that no matter how loud and crazy it is here, Heavenly Father knows each of these people and is concerned for their welfare. He hears their prayers and He hears your prayers. I know this is true!
 
Thank you all for all you do. Thank you all for teaching me! I got some really special letters this week from ward members back home and i really love them! Thank you for all of your support and inspirational stories! I love you all!
 
LOVE,
Sister Warner
王 女 女未

No comments:

Post a Comment