-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

WEEK 18

This was the best week so far here in HK!!! Have I ever said that I love Hong Kong!! I just want to share a little bit about the area I serve in. 

We are in the Hong Kong Island Stake, so we are real close to the ocean...actually ya we are right on the harbor. So in the mornings we run on the pier and see all the fishing boats heading out and the big open sea and other small islands across the way. It is so beautiful!! Our area is very diverse, one moment we're on the 40th floor of a members flat overlooking the harbor at night as the lights sparkle over the harbor. Next we're trudging through the jungle in a rainstorm trying to find the village our investigator lives in at the top of a mountain. Or we walk through the mall past Ralph Lauren and Juicy Couture stores trying to find the McDonalds to meet an investigator. Then we're riding a rickety old elevator covered in mold on our way to visit a less active member. Then we're back on the streets running through the geisi and past ginormous apartment buildings that have rock climbing holds up the sides for exercise. Then we finish the day taking a stroll in one of the many parks here in our area, chasing down mommies with strollers and chatting with old ladies on the benches or teaching teens by the turtle ponds. I LOVE MY AREA!!

This week we taught two English lessons! This was my first time speaking English in a lesson before and it was so scary!! But also so nice to be able to say exactly what I wanted :) one was a street contact. She is from Brazil and visiting family in HK. So she spoke Portuguese, English, and Cantonese, but preferred to use English with us. Josh, maybe you met her on your mission? She was one of those tiny miracles the Lord places in missionaries paths who tell you it was God's arrangement to meet at that moment. It was an awesome lesson! She is back to Brazil now, so pray that she will continue to meet with the missionaries there!! The other lesson is an old investigator that called us up again. YAY another miracle!! We taught her and her cute baby and can I just say how awesome it is to speak your native language!! But then on the other hand, I would chose teaching in Cantonese over English any day, I love Chinese!!!

A few miracles from this week:

1. Sister L got to come to church for the first time in 3 years!! She is LA and her husband finally allowed her to come for just an hour!! We have been praying so hard for her and our prayers were answered!!
2. We left our dinner on the bus on our way to a teaching appointment. Oops my bad. So we asked the sister we were teaching how we could get it back after the lesson. She said we probably couldn't get it back but she walked with us the the bus stop to try....and there are thousands of different buses, so the likelihood of finding the same one is not high, but we stopped the bus and tried to explain our situation. Then he pointed to the seat and there was our food!! What? it was crazy!!! But the cute sister we were teaching was stunned. She looked at us and said (in Chinese it translates to): "wow, have God." and she said she would come to church now. That simple little miracle convinced her that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and watches over us. I love it!
3. With two less active members we felt impressed to sing hymns with them. Both cried and felt the spirit so strong. One of my dear friends in California wrote me a letter about the power of music and testified of the power a good song can have. She encouraged me to replace every bad thought with hymn lyrics to brighten my day. It works, I know this is true!!!

Mission life is the best!! We work hard everyday and see so many little miracles! Hong Kong is the greatest place to be!!! I hope all is well at home, take care and enjoy SUMMER!!!! LOVE you all!!

-Sister Warner
Fruit of the week.....LICHI!!!!  It is so so good!!!!
Had a DELICIOUS meal with this cute family last night!!!!
We talked about father's and how much our Heavenly Father
loves us.... even more than our earthly father.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment