leihdeih hou!
hey DECEMBER is here!!! is it getting cold in the Utah? It's getting cold again here, I mean we had a bbq outside last night....but it's a little colder than July. haha :)
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day! Out here in YL we had 24 twenty year old Elders and Sisters cooking up a storm in the kitchen at the church. honestly i never thought a bunch of 20 year olds could put on an American Thanksgiving feast on a missionary budget and with Hong Kong ingredience. but it was AMAZING. The best part about it was when we could all just sit down and count our blessings over some crunchy rice, half raw roasted veggies, neon green curry, and over-salted mashed potatoes. :) This holiday is the best!!
So guess what else happened this week....Angela had her baptismal interview!! And yay she passed!! Sister Jackson and I walked away with teary eyes and bursting hearts. Sweet Angela is so loved and I know her Heavenly Father is so proud of this decision she has made. Now we just need to find some baptism clothes that will fit her tiny body!
These past couple days I have been thinking about something I mentioned to you a few weeks ago, 'being where the Lord can find you.' yesterday we were out finding and a lot of people didn't want to listen. We kept trying though and kept our heads up. And then we saw Haley. We approached her and she welcomed us and listened to our message that she is a daughter of God and that he cares about her. She asked us if we could read her palm. I was a little confused and asked her why. She said, "of all of the people here in this busy mtr station, how did you know to talk to me? did you know that right now I am having hard times? I didn't believe in God, but everything you just said is true about me and I think it is the truth. I don't know why but right now I just feel so peaceful and happy." she then asked if she could come to church with us and talk with us more. Sister Jackson and I were so grateful that even after we had been rejected so many times, we kept the faith, we still strove to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and then we were led to Haley. BE WHERE THE LORD CAN FIND YOU- physical, mentally, and spiritually.
I promise that as you strive to do these things you will find more happiness in your life. You will be lead to friends that need your help. Ways to solve your problems. And just other simple things that make you happy.Because that is what this gospel is, it is "good tidings of great joy!'
I love you all and I hope that you have a great first week of DECEMBER!!!!!
-Sister Warner
No comments:
Post a Comment