-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Monday, December 1, 2014

WEEK 42

Another week flew by up here in YL.
This week....a family let us into their home and fed us Indian curry, Angela wore a skirt to church for the first time and she has a date for her baptismal interview this coming week...eeek!!, the Ng family let us teach them about church...over some homegrown veggies and pork, we walked by a building and a man was standing on the top about the jump...but we saw one of our potential investigators there and got to chat with her, Iris asked us to walk her bunnies with her, we sat on Sister Lam's floor and chopped up coconuts for her health soup, some boys chased after us in the street because they knew we were missionaries and wanted to learn more-then showed up to church and became pals with the Elders a few days later, we met Anne, we ate a Chinese Thanksgiving feast with our ward, and we cooked up a yummy corn flake delight to eat with our ward mission leader and ward missionaries.
 You are never bored as a missionary. There are always people to talk to who need the light of the gospel. I can never cease to be amazed at the Lord's timing. It truly is all in His hands. He loves us and He knows everything!
This past week I have learned a lot about sincere prayer and pure desire. It has been hard with one of our investigators who has a baptismal date coming up but cannot fully commit due to family issues. It is so hard when agency and Satan's wrath come into play becuase we have no control over it. But I am always reminded that there is someone who is more powerful than all the Earth. And He is on our side. Our mission president has taught me a lot about the concept of consecrated yourself as a missionary. We promised that we would give our whole heart and mind to the Lord's work, and leave behind all other personal affairs. And so that is what I have been striving for. I always was curious why so many returned missionaries would say that they got "lost in the work" and I think i am beginning to understand what that means. As I have been focusing on this for the past couple weeks I have noticed that all I can think about is how to help investigators, how to be more full purposed, how to draw nearer to the Savior. And I can tell you that as I have cut out things that are distracting, that may seem innocent, I have drawn closer to the Savior, my thoughts have been centered on Him and I am the HAPPIEST I have been in my short 20 years of life. Then when we conscecrate ourselves to our Heavenly Father we know that He can work miracles. sometimes it is easy to forget that the same God that parted the Red Sea for Moses, can change the hearts of a young girl's mother, can heal the memory of a injured woman, can strengthen  the relationship between a mom and dad, can open the doors of a humble home.
I want to testify that because our loving Heavenly Father is constant and unchanging, He has restored gospel truths to the Earth today so that we can have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, th Plan of Happiness. He wants to bless you more than you can imagine. And it only gets easier as you come closer to Him.
I am so grateful for all of the blessings in my life. I am so grateful to be here in Hong Kong. I am grateful for the people we get to talk with and the not so normal things we get to see and experience. I am so grateful for my family in our little Home in utah. I am so grateful for my Savior.
I hope you all have a grate Thanksgiving this week. Thank you for your prayers, your love, and your support!! I hope you are well and that you have a great day. I love you all!
-Sister Warner
王女女未


No comments:

Post a Comment