This week. This week. This week. Where to even start. So sorry, this email will be rough.
I think when I reflect on this last week, it all revolves around one thing: the mid-autumn festival. I'm not really sure why we celebrate it here in Hong Kong...other than the fact that maybe the Chinese people just love to give us boxes and boxes full of mooncakes. But maybe...let's just say, it is the celebration of a great summer coming to an end and the an autumn full of miracles on the road.
And uh here are some pics:
nevermind it's not working.
Anyways, yesterday was the big day and actually all of the members in Hong Kong held a celebration for it! They even coordinated it to celebrate the church being in Hong Kong for 65 years...Have I mentioned that before? It's kinda a big deal! So, church members from all over hong kong came to this big sports ground and we had running races all day. All day. People just ran races. And then the missionaries did kung fu while "Let's Get Down to Business" (from Mulan) was playing in Cantonese. And then there was a dragon dance. If you ever thought that Mulan depicts china accurately, it does. It really does. It was amazing to see all of these people here in little Hong Kong who have been blessed by the gospel. Our investigator Katherine was linked on my arm, so so happy to be there! We got home and I stood out on our balcony. The moon was huge, did you see it? and there were laterns floating across the mainland horizon and it was quiet. That doesn't happen much in Hong kong. I saw the villages lit up and imagined the families inside them. There are still so many more people out here that haven't even hear of the gospel. I couldn't help but imagine...maybe 65 more years from now, they will have this celeration again...maybe all of China will be there to celebrate the growth of the church. Maybe that is a crazy thought, but actually it's not. Because, the Lord really can do that. He is our creator, so why not? Why not believe in a miracle like that? What have you got to lose.
I wish I could say more but...we've got to get on our way to the temple now! I hope you know that I love you all. I hope you know that the Lord cares. I hope you know that you can ask Him for anything. If it is important to you, it is important to the Lord. Have a great week. :) Oh and btw sorry dad I guess I will have to tell you that cool story another time. The computer is breaking! Love you Anna have a great day!
王 女牙 女末
Sister Warner
No comments:
Post a Comment