-d&c 30:11

"And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you." d&c 30:11

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

WEEK 15

Today we are on Hong Kong Island emailing from...the "city of cities" and business capital of Hong Kong. It is beautiful and so nice! I feel more like I am in New York and not HK anymore. It's so so shiny and right by the ocean. Basically city paradise! We will head to a place called Stanley today...I don't really know what it is, but it is my trainer's favorite place, I can tell about it next week!
Last night was one of the best nights on my mission! We went to an investigator's home to teach her family how to hold family home  evening. She has a son and a daughter 10 and 7 and they are precious! We sang "I have a family here on Earth" and talked about the Plan of Salvation. Oh man. There is definitely a reason our Heavenly Father has established the family unit and stresses the importance of families. This cute family laughed so much together as we taught them the game "Fork and Spoon" in Chinese....a real struggle for me, hah. But it was just so wonderful to see how a simple FHE lesson brought this family together and helped them to laugh together, love each other, and learn about their Father in Heaven. And to finish it off, the little daughter sang "Let it Go" (from FROZEN) in English for us. She is so so sweet! I couldn't help but think of my cute family back at home and reflect on how grateful I am for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. And to have this gospel bring my family closer together. I know that the family is ordained of God. I know that this gospel blesses families. We are all a big family after all, so of course our Heavenly Father wants to bless our little individual families. My cute mother drew me a picture with the famous quote from "Lilo and Stitch"..."Ohana means Family, Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten." I'm so grateful she sent me this quote this week because as I am out finding it helps me to relate it to the bigger picture. No one on this Earth, in our Heavenly Father's family, will be left behind or forgotten. Every soul is great in the sight of God. Every single person needs to hear this gospel. That is why it is so important for missionaries to be sent to every corner of this world to share the message of the Restored Gospel...because nobody will be left behind or forgotten!! Our Heavenly Father loves you!! Every single one of you!!! I realize the importance of this everyday!!! He loves you and your family and your friends and your neighbors and the strangers you pass on the street!!!
I hope you all have a great week! This gospel is true! It blesses lives, it changes lives. I know it!!! Love you all!
-Sister Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment